- I use high quality paints and carefully choose the most suitable canvas, boards and papers based on the techniques being used.
- All prints are of my original artworks and I scan them at a very high resolution so that you receive a superb version.
- All artwork is printed on thick and beautiful art/photography papers, which will be selected based on individual artworks. This is because some designs benefit from a smooth paper and others are more suited to a textured surface.
- Print colours may vary due to monitor settings.
- For Health & Safety reasons I use frames which are glazed with plastic rather than glass.
- Framed work will be carefully packaged in boxes with protection.
- Commissioned artworks such as portraits are painted using oil paints - I do not frame these with glazing as the texture should be visible (just like old masters in art galleries). If you do decide to glaze your painting please wait for a year as during this time there is still moisture present in the paint. I advise the use of a framing specialist.
- I endeavour to select environmentally friendly packaging options as much as possible.
Prints will be rolled and shipped in recyclable cardboard tubes or flat reinforced envelopes depending on size and quantity.
Removing your print
Please be careful when removing your print from the tube.
Prints will sometimes stay rolled after they have been delivered. Do not attempt to flatten out a print by rolling it back on itself as this will result in damage and creasing. The best way to flatten a print is to lay it on a flat surface and place a few heavy items on top (such as books) and leave for a day or so. The print should then be ready to frame!
- A6-A3 prints or prepainted originals will be posted 1-2 business days after you place your order.
- A2-A1 orders are printed off-site and to order. Therefore, please allow 2-3 days for production prior to shipping. I will always try and get your print to you as soon as I can. Let me know if you're in a hurry.
- I send greeting cards and small items by 1st Class with Royal Mail.
- Larger items are sent using a 2 day carrier service.
- International items are sent via Royal Mail.
- Free delivery or collection for customers in BS21.
- Commissioned pieces will be posted once dry. I aim to start painting once I receive your photograph and order. Oil paints take a few weeks to dry so I aim to ship your artwork within 6 weeks. I will keep you updated. Artworks painted in acrylic paints will dry quickly so I aim to get those shipped within 2/3 weeks depending in the size and detail required.
Thank you for supporting my small independent business!
The Fine Artist © all rights reserved.